People mostly use umbrellas for their protection from rain and sunshine in many countries. But the rich and famous makes a status symbol with the ultra-fine, luxurious piece of arts. Many manufacturers in countries where there is rainy and unpredictable weather, focus on style and fashion while making umbrellas. These are also showcased in many fashion shows as well to make a statement. The selection today is magnificent, ranging from luxurious classic designs to handy travel sized models. Anyone willing to spend indulgently can treat themselves to these extravagant umbrellas. Let’s have a look –
- Established by Flavio Briatore – ‘Billionaire Couture’: $50,000
This special order umbrella is handcrafted, made from crocodile skin and is water resistant.
- Swaine Adeney Brigg – Men’s Malacca Flask Umbrella: $1,270
This umbrella features a Malacca cane two-piece handle with a fitted screw-in drinking flask! The canopy is quite heavy owning to the British weather and the shaft is made of Tulip wood and the silver plated Royal Warrant collar can be personalized.
- Burberry – Nubuck Ostrick Handle Walking Umbrella: $850
Crafted in a water proof polyester and cotton twill. The unique nubuck ostrich skin handle has classifiable stitch detailing along with the press-stud tab closure and push button.
- Swaine Adeney Brigg Men’s “Whangee”: $760
“Whangee” comes from the root of a type of Bamboo which is naturally ‘designed’ from soil erosion. These are then bleached, boiled and straightened eventually being bent into the handles of these umbrellas in the Brigg workshop.
- Alexander McQueen Skull Handle Umbrella: $565
- Maglia Francesco Cherry Wood One Piece Umbrella: $495
- Hermes “Pluie de H” Folding Umbrella: $485
- Maglia Francesco Blackwatch Sports Seat Umbrella: $450
- Il Marchesato Pure Silk and Swarovski Crystal Umbrella: $385
- Pasotti Italian Umbrella with Swarovski Crystals: $360
With these varieties to choose from, you can flaunt these umbrellas any time of the year and make a style statement.
Subscribe to TrotWithMe
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at TrotWithMe.