Getting UAE Visa
Comprising of seven Emirates, UAE is one of the hottest destinations these days. With thousands of visas issues per day, Dubai is by most of frequented of all the seven Emirates.
With so much to see and experience in Dubai, it is on everyone’s destination list.
How to get UAE visa –
The easiest way to get a visa for UAE is to book your tickets online and apply for a visa with the same tour operator. Though entry requirements for each country differ, yet UAE visa is hassle free for Indians.
Points to keep in mind while applying for visa –
- Passport validity should be at least 6 months from the date of travel
- com, Air Arabia and Emirates offer visa if you book tickets through them.
- 5-7 days are required for visa to be issued
- Passport Photo, hotel booking or your home stay address is required
- Passports and other documents accepted for entry issued to passengers who stay less than 3 months must be valid for a minimum of 3 months from the arrival date. This does not apply when entering in Abu Dhabi (AUH).
- Prices for visa can range between AED 250- 500 depending on the travel agent
- E-visas can be obtained before departure at http://www.ednrd.ae or apply on VFSGlobal
- ‘Ok to Board” with the airline is required 24hrs before travel
Quick and Easy –
Since I visit UAE frequently, my quick visa solution comes from Dubai Trips for all my visa needs. https://www.facebook.com/tripsdubai/
- Hand-written Passports are not accepted in Dubai (DXB)
- Passengers with dual nationality must present the same passport at immigration upon entry and departure
- Entry is refused to Israel Israeli Passport Holders except transit
Visa on Arrival –
- Resident visa holders in Gulf Cooperation Council countries (GCC) (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia) of any nationality can obtain a visit visa on arrival in the UAE depending on their profession.
- If you are a citizen of the below countries, no advance visa arrangements are required to visit the UAE. Simply disembark your flight at Dubai International Airport and proceed to Immigration, where your passport will be stamped with a 30-days visit visa free of charge–
- If your country of nationality appears on the list below, your passport will be stamped with a multiple entry 90-days visit visa that’s valid for 6 months from the date of issue, and for a stay of 90 days in total –Transit visa
- Transit visa is another great option to see Dubai while on your way to another country. If you have a stop- over in Dubai for more than 8 hours before you board your next flight to a third destination, you can obtain a transit visa via your airline. This visa allows you to check into a hotel and enjoy Dubai for 96 hours.
- Unfortunately, this is not applicable to nationals of Afghanistan, Iraq, Niger, Somalia, and Yemen.
Dubai Immigration Procedures
- When I first visited Dubai, Dubai Airport Authorities conducted random eye screening as an added security measure. Visitors asked to proceed for eye screening are required to present a hard copy of their visa or a printed version of the visa number confirmation page at the screening counter.
- These days, it has become much easier with several counters with integrated services.
Make sure you do not delay your exit and return to your home country before your visa expires. There is a fine on delayed exit on everyday basis.
Subscribe to TrotWithMe
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at TrotWithMe.